Cloudflare & NoDAPL again w/ a ROTF

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Sat Sep 17 20:19:58 PDT 2016

On 09/17/2016 07:58 PM, jim bell wrote:

> *From:* "xorcist at sigaint.org" <xorcist at sigaint.org>
> *To:* Razer <rayzer at riseup.net>
>>I'm not aware of any "news aggregators" that aren't full of disinfo. It's
>>the nature of the beast. If you're automatically picking up stories and
>>spewing them back out, you're going to pick up a lot of shit along with
>>it.
>>This is one of the main reasons I don't really trust must of what I read,
>>and nothing that I see on TV, when I bother to watch. I try to hit primary
>>sources only, or at least, get closer to primary sources.
>>There is no end to the nonsense out there. I thought it was bad 20 years
>>ago. Frankly I couldn't have predicted how fucked this sort of thing was
>>going to get.
>
> Myself, I'm MUCH happier with the way "the news" is today (with
> competition by the Internet, etc) than 20 years ago.  I remember well
> how "the news media" misled the public with the Randy Weaver case, Waco,
> etc.  "The news media" wouldn't touch discussions about complaints by
> various women about Bill Clinton, UNTIL one of them filed a lawsuit in
> about 1996.  The next day, as if on cue, suddenly all the media began to
> talk about that case, as if they had suddenly become aware of what was
> going on...when everyone knew that they must have been already quite aware.
> Sure, some of today's 'information' is 'the chaff', rather than 'the
> wheat', but I'd rather have the opportunity to sift through ALL of the
> news, rather than let the MSM (mainstream media)  decide what little to
> show to us.
>
>                 Jim Bell

When I say "News Consolidator/Regurgitator" I'm thinking of sites like
Alex Jones. Flashy blogs with a shopping cart to buy their logo-ed shit
rehashing news one can find for themselves if they read news and focus.

But the burning question is why would an apparently legitimate (Search
news for "Levin Papantonio Thomas Mitchell Rafferty & Proctor"),
personal injury law firm be operating a site that consolidates
hot-button current activist issues in the first place, and WHY does it
feel the need to protect itself at all with Cloudflare or any dDos
circumvention tools? If you're regurgitating other people's news no
one's going to be interested in wasting their time, fr any length of
time, dDosing you.

Could it be one of the DHS's lesser-known corporate cyber-cop partners?

That's my best guess.

Rr