Firefox [Tor] Browser 0day: Anti-Privacy Implantation at Mass Scale

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Sep 16 16:46:58 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 02:56:11PM -0400, John Newman wrote:
> At least you can easily build your entire user land and kernel (and
> ports) on FreeBSD. It's very straight forward compared to Linux
> distros (Gentoo/arch some what excluded I guess).  I suppose this
> isn't much consolation if you're worried about the upstream svn repo
> itself.....

Git has built in svn support these days anyway - to claim svn is vital
due to some workflow, is as grarpamp stated, total baloney.

Attachment to svn is the grumpy old man yellin "get orf mah lawn" and
the kid using git points to his hover board that he's standing on and
smirks while saying "I'm not ON your lawn old man, I's floatin" then
grabs his ball off the grass and zooms off over the hedge.

Can understand that some folks don't want to break a trail on the
bleeding edge, but git ain't a makerspace quad copter test bed any more,
it's a highly polished retail product with zoom stripes on the side.

11 years - a long time for continually developed software..