UK: Censors, Tracks and Balkanizes Its Internet; 10yrs for Pirates

oshwm oshwm at openmailbox.org
Thu Sep 15 01:01:33 PDT 2016

V for Vendetta has a fairly 'underground-ish' following in UK.

Although I think most of those that have watched it have simply written it off as an amusing tale about a near future that would never happen as our gov woyldn't ever get that bad :)

In terms of things such as self-defence, the gov heavily push the idea that you don't need to defend yourself, just call the police instead - needless to say, they're only really effective at shooting innocent Brazilians or defending the gov itself.

people have been taught to be weak, to accept their fate and do as they're told.