Google is amazing

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:46:00 PDT 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:47:42 +0000
Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> wrote:

> I used to have a filter that prevented Gmail from marking cpunks mail
> as spam, but I have intentionally avoided fixing that since the list
> address changed in hopes of training it not to suck so bad. So far I
> don't seem to have had much luck.

	So apparently the system ignores the fact that messages come
	from a mailing list, and treats them as if they came directly
	from the original sender's address. And then wrongly marks some
	as spam. So it's doing it wrongly, twice.

	Adding a rule to stop it filtering messages with trait
	'comes-from-cypher-whatever' works, but it seems to be slightly
	misaligned with the modern philosophy of "automatic system
	built for retards, I mean, for Important People Too Busy To
	Learn Anything".