flexthismotherfucker

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Sep 12 22:09:55 PDT 2016

On 09/12/2016 11:02 PM, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:33:07 -0600
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> On 09/12/2016 10:09 PM, juan wrote:
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> 	Funny thing about cloudflare is that it 'protects' people
>>> 	against ddos attacks that are as common as 'terrorism'.
>>
>> Tell that to Linode ;)
>>

> 	What's the difference between cloudflare and linode? Both are
> 	just a bunch of datacenters and both can be ddosed.

The difference between CloudFlare and Linode is that CloudFlare is a
much larger network with much better Internet connectivity and higher
bandwidth. So CloudFlare can shrug off attacks that bring Linode to its
knees. Google and AWS are similarly resourceful. And they cost a lot
more than Linode does. Digital Ocean is probably just as vulnerable as
Linode, but for some reason hasn't attracted as much attention.

> 	Or is the reasoning here that the whole 'decentralized' (haha)
> 	internet should be turned into a handful of organizations that
> 	control all the traffic, to save the children from ddos
> 	attacks?

It's rather like sheep, wolves and shepherds, I guess :)

> 	Ddos attacks are exactly like terrorism. Carried by the same
> 	people...at the Department of False Flags.

It muct be nice to have such simple answers to everything ;)