Free speech - front lines in Australia - [personal at bernardgaynor.com.au: Update: battle for free speech]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Sep 12 02:16:17 PDT 2016

> Now that he [Bernard Gaynor] is a civilian he can say whatever he
> likes with no consequences.

This assertion is simply not true.

Bernard Gaynor is being personal attacked, in his "civilian" capacity,
in the NSW civil and administrative tribunal (NCAT), with a huge litany
of "section 18c" charges/ cases (and another round quite recently are
going into the first steps of "case conference", even AFTER the state of
NSW Supreme Court ruled in the previous case (numerous charges, almost
identical to the current series) that NCAT does NOT have jurisdiction
over a (state of) Queensland resident, and threw out all those previous
charges! In other words, NCAT is making a complete ass out of itself.)

Section 18c is real (it exists), is really being used by a vexatious
litigant in NSW, against Bernard Gaynor a resident of QLD, for
expressing his personal ("conservative") views publicly.

This is a direct personal and legal attack against Bernard Gaynor's
right to express his views publicly, and this attack is only made
possible due to Section 18c of the Anti Discrimination Act 1975.

So section 18c is an abomination being actively used against the right of
free speech in Australia.

You may disagree, and you are entitled to your opinion and to express
your opinion publicly, but almost without doubt, Australia's penultimate
court the High Court, is going to rightly cut this piece of legislation
down to size (we can certainly hope this will happen, and this would be
a damn fine day for the legal upholding of free speech in Australia, if
that's what happens).

With full respect to your absolute right to --publicly-- express your
emotionally unbalanced and stupid opinion,
Zenaan