Privacy Activists Launch Database to Track Global Sales of Surveillance Tech

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Sep 8 18:11:26 PDT 2016

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 7:16 PM, Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are lots of awesome people working to Google or that already worked there.  I have great friends there in Brazil, Switzerland and Montain View.
>
> When I was planning to make my marriage in the hackerspace, the Minister of the Flying Spaghetti Monster who would marry me is one of my dearest friends and a proud Googler (SRE).
>
> Please, don't judge all the employees for the company.
> sea sea
> --
> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

The fucking inventors of UNIX work at google… Well, Ritchie is dead,
but last I recall Ken Thompson worked there in some capacity and
other UNIX pioneers like Rob Pike definitely work there….

I’m not saying thats a good thing :P  Just a fact.

Bill Joy, inventor of the greatest text editor known to man-kind
(vi), never got sucked in :)  Although of course he did start Sun…

John