Political Cypherpunks Trumps Apolitical Cryptography

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Sep 6 04:06:33 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 02:05:35PM -0700, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> On 9/5/16 2:07 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 11:39:12 -0700
> > "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> >
> >> What this does not include is promoting or bashing particular
> >> political systems or plotting their demise
> > 	Cypherpunks archive 1992-->1998
> >
> > 	I counted 4107 messages from Tim May, all containing the
> > 	following signature
> >
> > 	"Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,  anonymous
> > 	networks, digital pseudonyms, zero knowledge, reputations,
> > 	information markets, black markets, collapse of governments."
> >
> > 	Even after 4107 repetitions, the most dishonest retard should
> > 	understand what crypyo ANARCHY is about.
> >
> > 	For the record :  collapse of governments
>
> You are still failing to understand English.  And resorting to ad
> hominem.  Lose lose lose.

Hmm. Interesting. It sounds like you are alleging that Juan has failed
to understand English.

Let's unpack this shall we? "No!" I hear you say? OK, let's unpack it
anyway...

1)

Firstly, you wrote this:

> >> What this does not include is promoting or bashing particular
> >> political systems or plotting their demise

Now I might be slow, but I do note the words [0-5, 13-15], which if I
decode this masterful encoding which massively reduces the amount of
space required in an email to reference specific words in another's
quote, is actually the following sequence of words:

> What this does not include is plotting their demise

Oh, and the nounal object of your quote is "political systems", so to
flesh it out:

> What this does not include is plotting the demise of political systems

OK, got it. Since you tried to be subtle about it, with appeals to
authority, cutting down some really vile straw men and establishing
yourself as the "need"ed go to (when I say "go to" I mean "authority"),
i.e. just sort of "slipping it in, hopefully sorta may be under the
radar", we were, unfortunately, "need"ing to unpack your position.

So, we got it, "Do NOT plot the DEMISE of Political Systems, of which I
am closely associated."

Because, you know, that would serious be offtopic for this list and a
REAL violation of John Young and Tim May's foundations for what's on
topic to be discussed on this list, and you gonna teach us all a real
bad ass lesson if we violate those absolute, in stone, unviolable,
rules.

Got it. Anarchy bad. USA goverment good. SDW authority.

Simple really. Escapes me why I never thunked of these simple truths
before ... ?  ?  ???

Silly me..

2)

Now, secondly, Juan said this:

> > 	Cypherpunks archive 1992-->1998
> >
> > 	I counted 4107 messages from Tim May, all containing the
> > 	following signature
> >
> > 	"Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,  anonymous
> > 	networks, digital pseudonyms, zero knowledge, reputations,
> > 	information markets, black markets, collapse of governments."
> >
> > 	Even after 4107 repetitions, the most dishonest retard should
> > 	understand what crypyo ANARCHY is about.
> >
> > 	For the record :  collapse of governments

And note that little bit about "crypto anarchy: collapse of
governments".

Hmm, ok, Juan's response is quite simple really. It says what it means,
provides a factual basis, and means what it says.

The very definition of integrity.

Thanks Juan, we need a bit of clarity occasionally. Really appreciated.

Top stuff!

3)

Now, finally, you said this:

> You are still failing to understand English.

Except that this was factual, which it's not, this is a slur, a few
words designed to bypass any real debate and degrade the character of
your target.

I'm pretty sure this technique has a proper name ... something like
adding to homo sapiens names or something ... can't quite remember it...

> And resorting to ad hominem.

AHHHH!!! YES!!! That's what it is called. THANK you Stephen, I'd
forgottten just for a moment - you just used an "ad hominem".

Well well well. I wonder what we're supposed to say now. I'll check
above for further guidance.

..

.

Found it! The end of your email Stephen:

Lose lose lose.