New list confirmation (Re: cpunks list relocation imminent (was: Re: moving on))

Riad S. Wahby rsw at jfet.org
Sun Sep 4 21:10:58 PDT 2016

Bardi Harborow <bardi.harborow at gmail.com> wrote:
> The lack of SPF, DKIM and DMARC records, as well as TLS, on the new
> list is still wreaking havoc with my spam filter. Any chance of a fix?
> I'd be happy to provide assistance.

I'm guessing the big change since we moved the list is TLS.

SPF is already in place.

There's a DKIM pubkey with the selector "email" to which Greg's server
(presumably) has the secret. But it is somewhat unusual, as far as
I know, for listservs to add their own DKIM signatures when passing
mail through; certainly mine never did. Usually the idea is that you
check the sender's DKIM, and the listserv should just avoid munging
headers so that the signatures can still be checked by the recipient.

I'd be surprised if DMARC changes much since I never had it set up
either, but of course I could be wrong.

-=rsw