individual responsibility - was Re: Nationalism vs Globalism

Mark Steward marksteward at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:26:59 PDT 2016

On 4 Sep 2016 01:53, "Mirimir" <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 09/03/2016 05:25 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > What kind of conversations are worthy of this list?
>
> Maybe this is just too obvious, but consider what "cypherpunk" means.
> The term was coined in the "punk rock" era. So by analogy, cypherpunk is
> about co-opting crypto against the system. So that's what this list is
> for, I believe. It's not a list for social/political/economic theory or
> the fucking US presidential race or sucking Putin's dick or whatever.

Also cyberpunk. Imagine a dystopic future of lonely, once angry, now tired
individuals who lash out at any suggestion they are wrong. Back in the 90s
they might have been nudged to tinker with crypto and empowering the world,
but instead they spent their time seeing how many times they could fit
"fuck" and "retard" into an email post.

Mark