Suggestion to list admins for warning/disclaimer on the web for new subscribers

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sun Sep 4 17:20:38 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:55:24AM -0700, Razer wrote:

> On 09/04/2016 10:37 AM, oshwm wrote:
> > Should the list really be forwarding new people to pastebin considering
> > it sits behind Cloudflare?
>

> Pastebin is using Cloudflare?
>
> Sigh... add another to the shit list.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I didn't realize it either.

It's a pretty good little page, though, and I didn't know about it until it was mentioned here last week.  The page: http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5

It turns out that the content is available on a few other sites, including Cryptome.  So, I linked to it there, instead: https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm

For those who enjoy a good read on some of these topics, you might enjoy the WWII-era "Simple Sabotage Field Manual."
  CIA released it in 2008: https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2012-featured-story-archive/CleanedUOSSSimpleSabotage_sm.pdf
  Project Gutenberg did proofreading etc.: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26184

In fiction, many of those techniques were rediscovered (e.g., https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey_Wrench_Gang).  Likewise in real life (e.g., Weyler's Greenpeace, https://books.google.ca/books?id=M1GW445y2n4C&redir_esc=y and http://earthmanifesto.com/).

In forums like Cypherpunks, we enjoy some of the Simple Sabotage techniques daily.  I especially appreciate the demands to provide full evidence and citations to any claims.  Also the indigenent objections that COINTELPRO techniques are ancient history, and no such thing happens any more.

  - Greg