philosophokiddies: Re: Continual Violation of List Charter

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Sat Sep 3 18:16:52 PDT 2016

On 09/03/2016 05:48 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> On 9/3/16 5:00 PM, Razer wrote:
>> On 09/03/2016 11:41 AM, grarpamp wrote:
>>
>>> "The Cypherpunks mailing list is a mailing list for discussing
>>> cryptography and its effect on society."
>> That's why I'm here. I'm on the 'society' end of that dyad.
>>
>> Just in case it REALLY matters to Juan (hereafter known as 'the troll')
>> to know what my interest in the list is, and further, for 'the troll's
>> information one of the personal influences I named, Herbert Marcuse,
>> whose work precedes cryptography as social influence, would have fucking
>> well discussed it. Further, the Marxists of his time, the political
>> inclination 'the troll' accuses me of adhering to, rejected Marcuse. It
>> was an Anarchist... Abbie Hoffman, who is the only person of the times
>> afaict who understood WTF Marcuse (and McLuhan) was talking about and
>> put it into effect in his activism.
>
> An interesting Townshend quote relative to Abbie:
> http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/opinions/bergen-1970s-terrorism/index.html
>> Townshend shouted "Fuck off! Fuck off my stage!"
>> Townshend later said that while he actually agreed with Hoffman on
>> Sinclair's imprisonment <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration>,
>> he would have knocked him offstage regardless of the content of his
>> message, given that Hoffman had violated the "sanctity of the stage,"
>> i.e., the right of the band to perform uninterrupted by distractions
>> not relevant to the show.
>
> I like that: "right of the band to perform uninterrupted by distractions
> not relevant to the show."

That's OK a few weeks later UAW/MF threatened to burn the Fillmore East
to the ground with Graham's HA bouncer inside. A VERY REAL ACTIONABLE
THREAT, and for the next few months, on Wednesday night, there was Free
Music at the Fillmore East. Name acts in the alt rock world came to play.

You see Stephen in the REAL WORLD, you win some and lose some and
honestly, even Abbie thought he might get clobbered for getting up there
but you know he felt the NEED to do it Sinclair was a *friend* of his
being victimized by the authorities and stalked NSA style by various
government agencies ( was too... hence my ongoing interest in
(x)security), and he did it.

If he hadn't you'd probably refer to him as a coward instead of a
'disruptor'... Right Stephen? Because you're full of shit.

What have you done for anyone EVER that put your safety on the line?

Are you a vet? Fuck you then babykiller. Ever gone to an antiwar protest
and faced down a wall of cops because you believe it's right? WHO THE
FUCK ARE YOU to second guess, out of ignorance, other people's motivations?

FYI, because I know you never knew fuck squat about him, Hoffman got his
start as a Freedom Rider. Later he was the Northeastern marketer for
"Freedom House". A Black self-help collective operating in the South
selling crafts in self support.

That's when he saw "Hippies" and set about turning people who were
pretty much hedonists and apolitical, into hard core antiwar
anti-imperialist activists, with humor. He scammed the YMCA into paying
the lease on the Cooper Square Free Store where he organized for Chicago

What the fuck have you ever done to influence anyone, except a boss, for
some self-serving purpose dude?

You're right in there with Juan, in some philosophically perfect
political world, where things happen 'just so'. Well things DON'T always
happen 'just so'. Sinclair could have easily met the same fate in jail
as Sam Melville (who I knew btw), or Fred Hampton, and if one of his
friends was wiling to get clobbered to spread that word, again WHO THE
FUCK ARE YOU to say:

"I like that".

Besides, Hoffman got more publicity for John Sinclair from that outcome
than if he's been allowed to shout it.

But you're most likely to ignorant to understand why that might be the case.

Rr