individual responsibility - was Re: Nationalism vs Globalism

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Sep 2 23:22:49 PDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 03, 2016 at 12:03:56AM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> On 09/02/2016 11:30 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> >> I do feel some compassion for the shitpile. But playing in shit is just
> >> not very interesting. And change (or even transformation) is at best
> >> illusory.
> >
> > That is not agreeable, nor constructive, although the statement may be
> > provable over specific time periods and at certain levels of analysis.
>
> Maybe not agreeable or constructive to you, but accurate, I believe.

> > But, for many of us, where "keeping out of it" means not engaging or
> > physically interacting with interesting folk who also exist within "our
> > nation", isolationism is intolerable!
>
> It doesn't mean that at all.

You're not quite getting this point:

One particular issue at hand: DMV issued driver licenses.

We have the options:

 - isolate (monastically, or with some friends)

 - not isolate

In the case we 'not isolate', and we drive to another 'not-isolationist'
community, we then are presented with two options (amongst others like
"get a friend to drive me", but let's cut to the chase here):

 - drive by common law/ natural law right/ the blessing/ etc

 - obtain and drive with a state-issued driver license (eg DMV)

Mirimir, when you say you choose to 'fly below the radar' or rather 'nod
and smile', what, specifically, are you suggesting in this very real and
current and modern scenario?

(And before you try to sidestep the issue: the properties are 97km
apart, driving and walking are your only means of transport, and you
have to meet in person not video conference, perhaps shipping a few
garbage bags of prime head or juicy tomatoes.)

> > Some say the leader of the Zealots was Jesus the Nazarene, the last King
> > of the jews and there is some evidence to this - a book where the author
> > alleges he read the last scroll of the Zealots in person, but was not
> > allowed a copy (can't remember the name of the book right now).
>
> That was a long time ago, and impossible to tell from bullshit.

Except to the degree one can put credence in time dating and the
contents of an actual scroll at ground zero of the mutual suicide that
occurred at Masada from their self proclaimed (in said scroll) leader.

Feel free to only put credence in contemporary internet-accessible
blogs, rather than such scrolls, since it's on the internet it must be
true and all that...