New list confirmation (Re: cpunks list relocation imminent (was: Re: moving on))

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Fri Sep 2 04:41:35 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 05:02:52PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Finally - can the new cpunks admin please add a standard
> subscribe/unsubscribe footer? I referred a friend and they got a
> rejection on subscription request, so I'm thinking they might have tried
> using the old domain. Sent them the new mailman url.

Mailman inserts all of these nice headers in the message envelope:

        <mailto:cypherpunks-request at lists.cpunks.org?subject=subscribe>

So, I don't think a separate footer is needed.

If your friend still has trouble subscribing, they can email me, or owner-cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org which goes to me.

Also, the old domain redirects (email & Web) to the new domain.  So, it should not be possible any more to submit stuff to the old location.

Mailman is set to require a confirmation email, before subscribing.  Perhaps that confirmation message wasn't received?  If you want, I can grep the mail logs in for the friend's address, if troubles persist.

One difference from the old domain is that greylisting is turned on.  I haven't heard of that creating problems, but it is a difference.
  - Greg