New list confirmation (Re: cpunks list relocation imminent (was: Re: moving on))

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Sep 2 00:02:52 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 08:36:43PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> > will work to sync up the archives so that the split brain we've been
>
> Don't taint the provenance... just as your archive contains only yours,
> this file should only contain messages from newby's server:
> https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks.mbox/cypherpunks.mbox.gz
>
> You can host your own archives wherever, and people will pick them up
> and re-host them wherever.
>
> You can blend the html index if you want, because it's just a human
> interface, not a critical source archive.
>
> People...
> Don't use procmail, it sucks. Maildrop is better.
> Don't use mbox, it sucks. Maildir is better.

It's all good. Thanks for the maildrop hint. I'll use Maildir when I'm
up to speed with notmuch, but not before - Maildirs are too slow
otherwise for me.

Finally - can the new cpunks admin please add a standard
subscribe/unsubscribe footer? I referred a friend and they got a
rejection on subscription request, so I'm thinking they might have tried
using the old domain. Sent them the new mailman url.