Memory Hole

xorcist at sigaint.org xorcist at sigaint.org
Thu Sep 29 19:11:39 PDT 2016

> Trust me. It IS NOT rare.

Well, if we're speaking of disassociative / depersonalized states
generally, I quite agree. But my understanding is that 'fugue' states
refer to a rather rare sub-type specifically characterized by amnesia.

> Further, there ARE varying degrees... Leading to missing persons posters
> for adults who simply wanted to get lost.

Yes, like most things in psychology there is a sliding scale for
everything. Generally not considered a disorder until it comes into more
acute forms, though.

> A lot of that in the computer industry historically. A LOT of that
> action ends up here. Where I live. The location being NOYB.

Mmm. Yeah I believe that. Seems to me that computers, mathematics, music..
those types of fields where pattern recognition / development, and extreme
states of concentration are rewarded, tend to be attractive to -- and
indeed, at their highest states, often only navigable by, people who tend
to think very differently from the norm and may have some cross over with
those at risk for such "disorders."