DDoS Of Things -

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Sep 29 10:53:14 PDT 2016

On 09/28/2016 08:32 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:

> On 09/28/2016 09:14 PM, Razer wrote:
>

>> On 09/28/2016 10:31 AM, Sean Lynch takes the words right out of my
>> mouth:
>
>>> The Internet is starting to feel a lot more like feudalism,
>

>> What I stated a while back about my reasons for never getting
>> involved in the computer industry as a way to earn my bucks... I
>> don't get along with fewdal punkz and
>> hypercompetitive-hyperagressives reel well. So what did they do?
>> They FUCKED the whole 'Fucking thing'.
>
>> Rr
>
> I have seen the "hyperaggressive" type a few times.  Sad commentary:
> I would MUCH rather work around them, than the straight up sleazy
> swindling thieves.

They are thieves. You just don't notice because you're busy defending
yourself from their bullying etc.

 These two camps are the market and
> office-political hammers and anvils of the IT industries.
>
> Worse yet, a general case across all industries:  Lots of working
> stiffs have the strange idea that somehow their "profit margin" on the
> job grows in proportion to the time spent looking busy while doing
> nothing.  They think they are "sticking it to the man."  I think they
> are morons, and I mean that literally; it's a slave mentality.
>
> Homey don't play that.

Over the years I've noted that the workplace no longer cares so much
about the quality of one's work as long as one 'gets along'. But the
people who are often the best at what they do have high-power
personalities to match. Most, in my time watching, ended up as
consultants. I think Tim May, the list's founder is a classic example of
what I'm describing, along with my Mechanical Engineer friend who got
cut in on a measurement technique patent for a few mill at HP.

They got their chance, and GTFO!

Rr