Yahoo is sued for gross negligence over huge hacking

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Sep 29 05:52:10 PDT 2016

> On Sep 29, 2016, at 8:39 AM, xorcist at sigaint.org wrote:
>

>> Consider taking part in this. Paying for using windoze coming soon,
>> I heard.
>>

> Meh. Nowhere near lucrative enough. I can beat that 'handily' with regular
> sperm donations.

I logged into an old yahoo account I haven’t really used in years….
it had a RACK of messages from yahoo starting around Sep 12 -

“Unexpected sign-in attempt   hi John, On XXXXX , we noticed an
attempt to sign in to your Yahoo account XXXX from an unrecognized
device.  If this was you, …. <snip> “

There was about 1 of these a day from Sep 12 - Sep 23 (the day I
logged in for the first time in a year or two+).  I did have a weak
as fuck password on this particular account… maybe I should join
up with the class action guys :P  Anyway, I changed the password,
now I’m actually thinking I’ll just delete the account.

Fuck  Yahoo!

John