[WAR] US government set on complete destruction of Ukraine

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Mon Sep 26 10:54:18 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> So the US government appears set on complete destruction of Ukraine.
> Doesn't even make strategic sense at this point. I guess unless you're
> an essentially evil Western oligarch who wants to carve it up for
> purchase on the cheap, the people, the Russians, and the world be
> damned.
>

> USA congress, your insanity and evil is noted. Once again, your broad
> scale fundamental compromise and therefore essential illegitimacy, is
> noted by the rest of the world.
>
> Let's see if this is stopped or passed by the USA senate and president.

So what you're saying is that, if you get mugged on the street and the
mugger has a gun to your head, then any attempt to resist the mugger means
you are suicidal, and anyone who tries to help you is dead set on your
destruction? Great logic, there.

One could just as easily turn this around and say that Putin is dead set on
Ukraine's destruction because he won't allow the Ukrainians to determine
their own destiny. Even if you were to assume that all his lies about not
sending in Russian troops and equipment (almost certainly engineered to be
precisely accurate under a very narrow definition of same and only if you
squint in the right way) were true, he is certainly encouraging the Russian
thugs living there to engage in as much violence as possible.

No, this is Putin's baby. He's set it up so that if he can't have Ukraine,
nobody will. And the poor Ukrainians are caught in the middle, just as they
always have been because of their unfortunate geographic situation next to
a violent, ultranationalist neighbor. Violent and ultranationalist
according to Zenaan himself, by the way, who just told us that Putin is the
most moderate person the Russians could have elected.

The US is helping Ukraine because the UKRAINIANS HAVE ASKED FOR HELP. If
the situation is truly as you claim it is, then why isn't it just "better
to die on our feet than live on our knees?" Perhaps the Ukrainians are
simply tired of living in Russia's shadow and are terrified of the
strongman the Russians have elected?

As you know, I'm no fan of US foreign policy, but Russia is no better. As
far as I can tell, you only like them because you hate the US so much, and
the Russians are the only reasonable counterbalance you can think of. I
totally agree with you on the need to return to a multi-polar world, just
not because I think the Russians are any better than the US. They're just
DIFFERENT and can force the US to compromise.