[From xorcist offlist] Cloudflare & NoDAPL again w/ a ROTF

xorcist at sigaint.org xorcist at sigaint.org
Sun Sep 25 20:25:40 PDT 2016

> How long you're involved with someone isn't important. What you get out
> of it is.
>
> Right?

No, what I said is that experiencing it is important. The experience of
love is more about giving, than receiving. But, yes, it can feel wonderful
to give to someone, and in that sense you get something out of it.

And to be clear, I wasn't advocating moving on for the sake of moving on,
either. What I was actually think of, when I wrote it.. the vision that
came through my mind.. was of a set of 3 days, earlier this year..

I met an incredibly charming, lovely woman. She was beautiful. Cropped,
jet black hair, and green eyes that gleamed like jewels. She wore bright
red lipstick, and nailpolish. She had a skillfully drawn tattoo, very
detailed and well shaded, of an octopus. It's head was positioned on the
left of her back, with its tenticles wrapped around her; going every which
way. One, up and over her left shoulder, across her chest, and curling
around her right breast. Another, arching down, and spiraling her left
leg. Gorgeous.

She was clever; her jokes were unique, insightful, and off beat. Talented.
A painter and potter, who makes her living traveling for her company
teaching artists techniques to make the most of their glazes and paints.

The works. The total package. We hit it off immediately. Within the span
of moments, we were the only two people in the room. I didn't even notice
when some friends arrived and had been standing next to me for about 10
minutes; one had to lean in, and introduce himself before I even knew he
was there. He had been saying my name, talking about me, right next to
me.. the whole time trying to see what I'd notice him. But I didn't. She
had my full attention.

Over the course of a few days and nights, while she was in town, we spent
nearly every free moment together. Making love, sharing experiences from
our lives, our dreams an inspirations, being goofy and making food
together - and, quite truly, falling in love.

But, we both travel for our jobs. We knew this within the first ten
minutes or so of our initial conversation. We knew, up front, that there
was only a limited window of time.

So we made the most of it, and continued in our lives, separately. The
first day after she left town, I felt an ache. A knot in my stomach
knowing that something special could be had, and a regret that neither of
us were in a position to make it happen. But, as quickly as that joy and
ache came into my life, they were gone. I had only known her three days,
and that was our window. I accepted it as the 'blessing' it was, and moved
on.

Were I a negative person, I could have cursed the fates for taking us in
opposite directions. I could lamented my situation, and bemoaned that the
people I truly, deeply connect with, can't be around for me, nor I for
them because of "damned job." I could have blamed a wonderful job that
lets me travel, and just been miserable cunt had I chose to.

But I don't do that.

We still converse, we have each other's numbers and stay in contact; and
I'm hopeful that, given the winds of fate putting us on the same area of a
continent together, we may will meet yet again in similar circumstances.

> Psychopath.
>
> Rr

Sounds to me like you're the psycho, if you automatically interpret
"experience of love" as "what you get out of it."

Anyone who has ACTUALLY felt it, wouldn't, I'd dare say.