"The Tree of Liberty will get its manure..." [Was Re:]

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Wed Sep 21 20:30:55 PDT 2016

On 09/21/2016 08:15 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:

>Since Greed is about power, a political revolution has little if
anything to do with ideology,

There's an ideological difference between communism and capitalism.

Ideally communism should mean the elimination of greed as a driving
force in a society. Including greed for power.

However, as you described, the "American Revolution" was simply a
'transfer of pwnership of the levers of greed' from the Crown to rich
white men settlers by partially force, and partially the isolation from
Britain that made it simply too costly to pursue a full occupation, and
perhaps forced removal of their errant subjects.

If Britain wanted to, it could have sailed an armada into Boston Harbor
and leveled the whole city. They didn't. There's a whole bunch of other
things they could have done, including paying the Natives, whose toes
were being 'stepped on', to say the least, very well, to slaughter every
last guerrilla fighter hiding in the Green Mountains all the way up to
Canada.

There was no revolution.

The same is true of India and the removal of the crown there.

Rr