what is a traitor?

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Tue Sep 20 10:53:52 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> On 09/19/2016 08:46 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > Some good points being raised, on sl1shd()t no less:
> >
> > https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/09/18/2023216/assange-agrees-to-us-p
> rison-if-obama-pardons-chelsea-manning
> >

> > What is a traitor?
>
> It is a label indicating a prejudicial, emotional value judgment.  Bob
> Wilson would probably have said it is a synonym for "a no good shit."
>
> > When is it appropriate to label someone a traitor?
>
> When you want idiots to endorse your intention of kidnapping,
> torturing and/or murdering someone for political reasons.
>
> > When is doing so, an attempt at manipulative propaganda?
>
> Every time, as in every other case where a categorically derogatory
> label is branded onto someone.
>
> Extreme ignorance apparently excuses anything:  I have seen people
> call Australian national Julian Assange a "traitor" because Wikileaks
> published DNC and HRC e-mail dumps.

I completely agree with Steve on this.

Morally, in my view, one can never be a traitor to the State, because to
betray the State, you have to have entered into some agreement with the
State voluntarily, i.e. not under duress. The State is force and violence
incarnate, therefore no truly voluntary agreement with it can exist. If
anything, it is those who act as an instrument of the State who are
traitors against the people they dominate. Which means Trump and Clinton
are vying for the position of Head Traitor.