Sim Theory

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sun Sep 18 05:36:52 PDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 10:09:30PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> So many people have proposed we're simulated...
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
>
> Now why would such an extremely advanced civilization / collective
> want to simulate us? Is this an unanswered question?

I think the problem is open, unless the simulators answer it.
The main problem is this scales upwards till infinity via arguments of
the form "who simulates the simulator?" and "who made what was before
the big bang?".
Also, there is no sound axiomatic system for physics and other empirical
stuff, it changes often on large scale.