Coalition Seeks Obama to Pardon Snowden

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Sep 14 17:27:06 PDT 2016

On 9/14/16 5:13 PM, Razer wrote:

> On 09/14/2016 12:55 PM, Sean Lynch wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Razer <rayzer at riseup.net
>> <mailto:rayzer at riseup.net>> wrote:

>>     So he returns home to a hero's welcome and a year later he's been
>>     involved in a fatal car wreck, or airplane crash, or, as a cover story
>>     when he's found dead in a ditch on a back road in Florida, tortured and
>>     beaten to an unrecognizable pulp, "the Russians did it".
>>
>>     I think there's a serious underestimation here of just how murderous the
>>     US government is if someone betrays them... Hell! You don't even have to
>>     betray them. Just annoy the wrong people.
>>
>>     Sorry Edward Snowden is in Exile for life whether he likes it or not, if
>>     he wants to stay alive.
>>

>> I agree that if I were Snowden I wouldn't ever trust the USG, but I
>> don't see how it serves the government's purposes to have him die in any
>> way where would-be whistleblowers don't at least strongly suspect is
>> connected to his leaks. They want to make an example of him, because
>> leaks are the thing the USG is by far the most vulnerable to.
>

> I was talking in terms of a pardon or commutation received. OFC they'd
> try him if he simply returned.
>
> Rr
>
> Ps. They don't care how obvious it is that they killed him if they did
> as long as there's plausible deniability. It has the added bonus of
> terrorizing other whistlebowers and dissuading new ones no matter how
> blatant the assassination. Aamof, the more blatant the better from the
> terrorism perspective. I'm REALLY surprised they haven't already begun
> doing it to his friends and rela... Oh WAIT!

If that is ever found to be true, Americans would freak out.  Government only has authority to the extent that they follow the rule
of law.  It's already the stuff of conspiracy theories.  Any solid proof of unchecked ongoing abuse not explained away sufficiently,
which would inevitably leak eventually for anything happening consistently, would cause gigantic backlash.  The ultra-right gun
lobby and the liberal sophisticates and others would unite and squash anyone responsible.  Now that we have instances of clear video
proof to actually get at the truth more consistently, look at the reform cycle happening with police.  Messy, slow, annoying, but
inevitably toward less abuse and more transparency.

> Ioerror.
>
> Institutional assassination
>
> Rr

sdw