Coalition Seeks Obama to Pardon Snowden

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Wed Sep 14 17:13:18 PDT 2016

On 09/14/2016 12:55 PM, Sean Lynch wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Razer <rayzer at riseup.net
> <mailto:rayzer at riseup.net>> wrote:

>     So he returns home to a hero's welcome and a year later he's been
>     involved in a fatal car wreck, or airplane crash, or, as a cover story
>     when he's found dead in a ditch on a back road in Florida, tortured and
>     beaten to an unrecognizable pulp, "the Russians did it".
>
>     I think there's a serious underestimation here of just how murderous the
>     US government is if someone betrays them... Hell! You don't even have to
>     betray them. Just annoy the wrong people.
>
>     Sorry Edward Snowden is in Exile for life whether he likes it or not, if
>     he wants to stay alive.
>

> I agree that if I were Snowden I wouldn't ever trust the USG, but I
> don't see how it serves the government's purposes to have him die in any
> way where would-be whistleblowers don't at least strongly suspect is
> connected to his leaks. They want to make an example of him, because
> leaks are the thing the USG is by far the most vulnerable to.

I was talking in terms of a pardon or commutation received. OFC they'd
try him if he simply returned.

Rr

Ps. They don't care how obvious it is that they killed him if they did
as long as there's plausible deniability. It has the added bonus of
terrorizing other whistlebowers and dissuading new ones no matter how
blatant the assassination. Aamof, the more blatant the better from the
terrorism perspective. I'm REALLY surprised they haven't already begun
doing it to his friends and rela... Oh WAIT!

Ioerror.

Institutional assassination

Rr