Coalition Seeks Obama to Pardon Snowden

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Sep 13 07:23:13 PDT 2016

On 09/13/2016 03:58 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:13:44AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
>> https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/09/12/2150235/aclu-is-launching-a-campaign-to-convince-president-obama-to-pardon-edward-snowden
>> https://pardonsnowden.org/
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSAiI3xMh4
>> https://www.amnesty.org/
>> https://www.hrw.org/
>> https://www.aclu.org/
>>

> If petitions or voting could change things, they would have been
> outlawed. No joke.
>
> Wondering how many of the sheeple signing for Snowden vote
> pro-establishment (there is no other choice in murican voting).
>
> IMHO if muricans want to do something about Snowden, they should do
> nationwide protest, like Occupy Wallstreet, but not being affiliated
> with shady businessmen. There isn't enough police and drones to stop them.
>
>> the campaign. A presidential pardon would mean that Snowden could come
>> home from Moscow, where he's lived for the past three years, without
>> the fear of being prosecuted. He currently faces federal charges of
>> violating the Espionage Act and stealing government property
>>

> Snowden must be crazy to trust murican authorities IMHO.
>
>> Older
>> https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pardon-edward-snowden
>
> They got about 170K signatures of goal 100K what changed?

So he returns home to a hero's welcome and a year later he's been
involved in a fatal car wreck, or airplane crash, or, as a cover story
when he's found dead in a ditch on a back road in Florida, tortured and
beaten to an unrecognizable pulp, "the Russians did it".

I think there's a serious underestimation here of just how murderous the
US government is if someone betrays them... Hell! You don't even have to
betray them. Just annoy the wrong people.

Sorry Edward Snowden is in Exile for life whether he likes it or not, if
he wants to stay alive.

Rr