Mail, please.

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:19:59 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> per email
> downloading, without any pipelining

Think about that for a while.

> but technically
> optional.

As before, the whole paragraph was optional for simple use[r]s.

> I still find mbox "folders" substantially quicker, even with an SSD.
> I expect notmuch-mutt will remove that particular block to using
> Maildir

The app is largely separate to mbox vs maildir on fs comparisons.

> and loop mounted Maildir hierarchy in a single (zip compressed)
> file

Someone likes corruption.

> would handle my objection to the storage bloat

The content is the same size. Most users weren't born on
unix and thus don't grok inode love, management, and etre.

> that or ZFS of
> course.

You wouldn't like it, it's not that 'quick' and loves RAM which
isn't 'minimal'.

> Ditch fetchmail already.

For now, not happening.

My next tool survey is at least a year and devel time away.

I gave one set, others gave others, use whatever you like,
there's more than one use case and way.