Free speech - front lines in Australia - [personal at bernardgaynor.com.au: Update: battle for free speech]

Tom tom at vondein.org
Sun Sep 11 23:30:32 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 01:59:01PM +0800, Nadine Earnshaw wrote:
> In 18c we arent talking about what is unpopular but what is public
> vilification. There is a difference between debate and personal
> attacks.Personal attacks whether physical or verbal are not acceptable
> and are criminal in civilized society.

But there's a problem: who defines "personal attack"?

The answer is simple: those in power. Go to Saudi Arabia or some similar
country. Criticize the king and you go to jail, because you "attacked
him personally".

Once this door have been opened, it is almost impossible to close it.
Measures to prevent "hate speech" or "personal attacks" will be used
against the oposition.

Therefore free speech includes every speech, without exceptions. Because
nobody knows if todays unacceptable opinion may become tomorrows normal.

> Free speech like guns can hurt when in the wrong hands, it is not
> something that hatefull fwits can hide behind.

Comparing words with bullets is a foul trick. It is fascist disguising
as "social justice".

- Tom