Cypherpunks Charter

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Sep 9 00:03:23 PDT 2016

On 9/8/16 8:59 AM, Razer wrote:
> On 09/08/2016 06:49 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> Stephen, a hint: when real men realise they have ridiculed someone
>> unfairly, for example with shit like this:

> Actually, I'm one of those unlucky suckers who lived through the 60s and
> remembers it. It's a curse I tell ya, a curse.

Sorry to hear that!  Although extremely hit or miss I'm sure, and I would have been in the wrong part of the country, there were
some experiences to be jealous of.  But plenty more that sucked too.  Pain we had to go through.

> So much revisionism. The media-driven Funhouse Mirror effect Roszak
> described worked quite well at shaping people's perception, even people
> who experienced it directly. It was crude then. They have much more
> sophisticated methods today

Seems like some of that repackaging and deflection has been uncovered.  Too bad it took so long.  So much turmoil, so much
confusion.  A lot of progress was made, but often fell short.  We're still having echos, and they are, in many ways, finally winning
over all of the waves of resistance.

sdw