[WAR] Julian Assange - a one man Hillary Rodham Clinton wrecking ball

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Sep 8 20:12:46 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 08:58:16PM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> On 09/08/2016 08:50 PM, Cypher Piggie wrote:
> >> todefend to SOMEONE ELSE'S death his right to say it. Â  <vbg>Â  Â  Â  Â
> >
> > juan has no right abuse others....
>
> He for sure does! But maybe not so repetitiously, like a fucking bot ;)

This is the cotton wool generation, where "I have the right to a
pristine auditory/ visual environment, where my ears and eyes cannot be
assaulted by words which offend me", and if the word you use does offend
me, I have a right to bring criminal charges against you.

Safe spaces, anti-vilification, right to be not offended, right to stop
others from speaking their mind.

Abuses of the lanugage used to abuse perceived abusers of language.

And here's another such abuse:

> RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT 1975 - SECT 18C
> OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR OR NATIONAL
> OR ETHNIC ORIGIN

Note the word "behaviour", when the section then defines behaviour as:
"causes words, sounds, images or writing to be communicated to the
public"

which is actually speech, not behaviour. The usual abuse of language by
those who wish to impose their views on the rest of the world.