Quantum Computers

John jnn at synfin.org
Wed Sep 7 21:02:28 PDT 2016

On September 7, 2016 4:21:32 PM EDT, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

>On 09/07/2016 01:58 PM, John Newman wrote:
>
>> For years my irc handle was hagbard (as in Hagbard Celine).  Fucking
>illuminatus trilogy such a great read !!
>>
>> I feel like Umberto Eco really ripped RAW off with Focaults
>Pendelum... or maybe it's the other way around, I can't recall when
>Focaults first came out!!  Pretty sure Illuminatus Trilogy was first.
>
>I got flamed by RAW on his Groupmind list.  It was one of the prouder
>moments of my life.

Hah I wouldn't mind seeing that exchange. I wonder whatever happened to Robert Shea... He was listed as co-author of IT but I don't remember anything else from him... RAW, otoh, was prodigious in his output.

As a kid first reading and rereading the trilogy I always wished I had a golden submarine packed to the gills with high quality reefer, electronics, and friends. My own little under water commune.... Like Hagbard and ELF ;)

John