Political Cypherpunks Trumps Apolitical Cryptography

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Sep 6 17:59:23 PDT 2016

Aaaand, there you have it :)

SDW aka Weapons of Sanity Destruction, has made his decision - protect
the id (sdw) at all costs.

I was contemplating this last night, and dominoes obviously presented
themselves - burn the addy, or soldier on.

a) Burn the addy, start anew: some IDs have quite a bit invested in
them, especially if they are real :)
And so in this case, burning it off may be untenable, or simply too
costly from a time and money perspective.

b) Keep the addy, soldier on: although undesirable in the face of beeing
seen, this may yet be the less expensive option;
One must dutifully ignore what one can ignore, attempt to handle that
which is possibly able to be handled with further feigned ignorance or
"stretching things" (below is a good example) or etc.

For us onlookers, b) is the preferred option, since the fun continues,
XOR newcomers getting bitten occasionally - although that can also be
fun - especially when 'innocent' little questions are asked to help
provoke said newcomer into awareness of being taken for a ride.

And ultimately, those who step up to the challenge and own their own
rides (hat tip to Razer) receive the benefit of their duly exercised
treadmill stepper machine.

So, Stephen, in response to your tautological bluster below, try try
again me boy, as the old saying goes... you're evidently up for it :)

And it seems you have reading comprehension difficulties of another sort
(aka attempting to ignore and pretend it wasn't said and that your mess
just all goes away or something) - Tim May (and I'll point something out
for you in case you missed that bit too - this is --THE-- Tim May, the
very and and only one Tim May which you are so clumsily clamouring to
for a curmudgeonly chip of external authority no less) has recently
piped up and presented his austere and ever so conservative head on
these matters.

Oh ok, I'll give you another hint, I know these things are difficult for
"solidly infested IDs" (whoops, I mean "invested") - there are three
recent posts by Tim May, the one in the middle, that was a rather bad
but bland troll which was resoundingly eclipsed by the well principled
folks on this list whom I may be a little uncertain about, but clearly
have more scruples than -you- me boy!

Oh, and even Tim May responded to the troll in his usual conservative
and pro state self.

But please, do carry on, "why it's ever so much fun" said Alice.