"Too much netflix and youtube syndrome" affecting 'Merican children

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Sep 6 11:19:58 PDT 2016

On 09/06/2016 10:55 AM, Peressim wrote:
> My neice now at age of 10 years old, spend hours on youtube, and I am
> not concerned if she is catching bugs, or figuring out that the internet
> is slow, but instead I am concerned that the evil the techonology is
> making to happen to our children, besides the evil that it is also doing
> to us. Technology must be avoided as much as we can. The trully malware
> is not affecting our computers, but our minds.
>
> Sent from ProtonMail <https://protonmail.com>, encrypted email based in
> Switzerland.

When I was that age (late 1950s, NYC area) television was, not new, but
new as a common household 'appliance' everyone aspired to own. The
'lucky ones' had 'color' tvs that were absolutely awful by modern
standards but most people had B&W sets. When I watched TeeVee it was
with the rest of the family, like an outing, or going to a movie. There
was always an adult there to help me out with complex concepts (and
violence... "Racket Squad, The Untouchables, and Highway Patrol were
just as bloody as a modern war movie).

Later in their history teevees became babysitters with no adult
attending. It does make a difference to have an adult nearby watching
teevee with you if you're a child, and not just a chronological adult
which is what many are now days after being babysat by teevee until they
were terminally 'dumbed' and numbed.

This is how you get that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYTRIGtyZ44

By Iconoclast Videos Music by Synthamesk - H/t @Stimulator

"An abrasive analysis of popular culture under the spectacle of
postmodern capitalism. Warning: This video may induce seizures."