Re: ROTF! Techie Hipster Soirée invaded at BurnTheMan

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Sep 6 08:10:39 PDT 2016

On 09/05/2016 11:20 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> With unlimited funding, how many do you suppose had martial arts, boxing, wrestling, football, and/or military training?

Nice myth.

Should we poll the list?

Lots spend time at a gym, buy $5k bikes and ride them around the
mountains until they heart attack or stroke out in their 40s.

You're talking about people whose only focus in life is making money.
Tech being the vehicle for that 'wealth accumulation', but their lives
revolve around money.IF they did any of the things you're romantically
mentioning ... thinking about cunts like Larry Ellison, it's hobby, or
something they did to look good for the other fratbrats at kollege.
They're dead meat unless they're dealing with an unruly drunk at a fern
bar who'd fall over if you shoved them anyway.

That's why the top dogs travel with bodyguards. Too many potential
enemies, and a killer instinct that works well firing an administrative
assistant or to put a thousand people out of work in the shareholder's
interest ('lots of enemies') but simply doesn't cut it at 'street level'.

Most don't even have the smarts to hide their rollie when they go
slumming but getting mugged is going to make for good water cooler
stories where they can talk it up, unless they're like that google exec
who  had a penchant for kinky S&M hookers and heroin, and OD'd and ended
up just dead a couple of years ago. The hooker went to jail. He never
would have if it was the other way around with a dead OD'd hooker.
American Just-Us is funny that. But I'm not laughing.

Rr