Continual Violation of List Charter

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 14:41:17 PDT 2016

On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 14:14:13 -0700
"Stephen D. Williams" <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> On 9/3/16 1:30 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 14:41:52 -0400
> > grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> [1]
> >> "The Cypherpunks mailing list is a mailing list for discussing
> >> cryptography and its effect on society."
> > 	incomplete, and you didn't even provide a 'source'
> >
> > 	plus, it's obvious that you haven't read the 1992 - ~1998
> > 	archives of the list.
>
> Archives?  We read it in real time.

	Who - the fuck - is we. My message was addressed to grarpamp. I
	bet he didn't read it in real time.

> If it isn't directly about the access to or effects of cryptography
> and related security practices, it is off topic.

	Because an absurdist like you says so.

> Early on, the list was largely about making sure that we had
> unfettered access to encryption and reasoning about the consequences
> of that.  This was important for ecommerce, the Internet in general,
> the boundaries of the First Amendment, and as the baseline for the
> rest of the world.  All kinds of power grabs were in play, directly
> from the FBI and others.  A weak response might have left us in a
> position difficult to unravel.  Most of that came out OK,

	Exactly what a US establishment puppet woud say.

	So let's see :

	1992 :

	"Computer technology is on the verge of providing the ability
	for individuals and groups to communicate and interact with
	each other in a totally anonymous manner. "

	I wonder if Tim May is embarrased at having mande such a
	blatantly wrong predicion.

	" Interactions over networks will be untraceable, via extensive
	re- routing of encrypted packets and tamper-proof boxes which
	implement cryptographic protocols with nearly perfect assurance
	against any tampering."

	Where are such networks operating?

	What we do have is completely sabotaged hardware courtesy of
	Intel Inc, a criminal organization that May had something to
	do, I believe.

> but there
> are always ongoing concerns and implications.

	Oh...

> Arguing whether the end of the world is coming or whose fault it is
> or who is making political or military mistakes is all completely off
> topic.

	Sure. It's especially important that the political 'mistakes' of
	the american nazis be completely 'ignored'.