Continual Violation of List Charter

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 11:41:52 PDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 4:38 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> shit and get down to business on analysing political philosphies, to
> find practical approaches for our modern societies full of schooled

This list is *not* for that, and it's not a list to longtalk food recipes,
or anything else either. Lack of moderation is not license for people
to come here and setup their own offtopic shops, grossly, willfully
and continually disrespecting what it says on the tin and the history
of the list long before you [1], to the tune of many tens to hundreds
of messages per month, especially without tying it into that.
If you want to longtalk anything other than that to the point
that the charter would need a whole new section just for you,
GO FIND OR MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING LIST FOR THAT.

[1]
"The Cypherpunks mailing list is a mailing list for discussing
cryptography and its effect on society."
There are reasonable relateds within the realm of "cypherpunk" to include *its*
computing, tools, privacy, surveillance, law, news, literature / art / society,
hacking / making, organizations and projects, politics, tech, science,
solutions,
crime, etc, etc.

The occaisional short lived foray under self regulation and restraint into
untied topics of possible interest to readerbase might be considered ok,
however NOT to the extent that it's been abused ongoing.

If you're wondering why the "thousands" of people on the list
aren't "analysing political philosophies" with you, it's because
YOU'RE FUCKING OFFTOPIC, THEY DON'T WANT TO, and
they've BLOCKED YOUR ASS.

But for new people hoping to find a real or even passable cypherpunk
list, and before even joining and blocking you, but just looking over
archives, your noise, and the angry abusive trolls, kills it for them.

Have some respect for that.
The lot of you.
Or get off here.