Exchange / Trading / Analysis Software [re: Zenbot3 BTC/ETH/LTC bot]

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 02:47:26 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Carlos Rodriguez <carlos at s8f.org> wrote:
> grarpamp:
>> What software is out there that implements an exchange itself?
>> Be it for currency pairs, stocks, or commodity trade floor.
>> Currency pairs being the primary example above.
>
> Centralized model:
>
> http://buttercoin.net/ (old, last commit 2 years ago)
>
> Decentralized:
>
> https://bitsquare.io/ (but it’s not very popular yet, not much trade volume)
> http://www.coinffeine.com/ (not much info on it)
>
> Personally I don’t see these programs ever netting enough trade volume to rival top private exchanges. Traders won’t show up if the liquidity isn’t there.

Why not netting volume... software feature / capabilities?
They might not be anything like realtime hft and realworld
integration, especially if running over a crypto network,
but might be enough to get a market of a 50-5k
casual users in/out of various pairs. Users buy in/out
of localbitcoins, other side markets, atm's at 5-15% random
premium, so a low liquidity on accurate price discovery
doesn't seem to bother that crowd much, and some seem
to wait out bad pricing till a better maker comes.