[WAR] ...

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Sep 1 16:55:59 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 12:34:53PM -0700, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> Nice Zenaan, good responses to much of what you were responding to.
> (Which must have been a troll, no sane, educated, adult thinks those
> ways in the US.)

50 CIA agents publicly signing a petition to the president of the USA
asking him to say "fuck it, we're going all out against Assad in Syria,
and taking on the Russians"?

50!

As in FIFTY CIA agents!!!

Directly petition the president of the USA, to effectively start WW3!!!!

The crazies are no longer in the basement.
I suggest opening your eyes to reality.

> My only high-level response to the nonsense is:

I wish it were nonsense. When we witness the crazies saying and doing
what they do, in the seats and institutions of power of the USA, we must
not put head in sand hole like an Ostrich, we must not brush of the
reality with "the nonsense".

It is our current shared common delusion, aka reality, that these
crazies ARE wielding enormous power.

> There is a big, and
> growing difference between what the US could do and what it would ever
> want to do.  Any large scale attack or invasion, by anyone anywhere
> really but especially from America, would be an American failure of
> epic proportions, regardless of whether it could succeed in any sense.
> Anyone who thinks otherwise, beyond silly thought experiments, is
> ignorant.

Ack.

> I imagine value equations for all decisions and measurements.  There
> is path involving such world war-ish actions that could possibly
> produce a better result than other paths.

The crazies are crazies because they hypothesize as realistic and
reasonable, pathways of "world war-ish actions".

"We" will never agree that your default position of blood baths is sane.

Thus, you who take such positions are crazies.

What we want to see is a new dialogue, one which considers us as
individuals, one which materially demonstrates actual empathy for human
(and all) life, rather than mere cost-equations to maximise power and
control over lives, nations, resources - and it's this "power
maximisation" thinking which brings on so many blood baths, so many NOT
theoretical "war-ish" actions!

Almost all such actions in the last century and ongoing, are unethical.

You must start being, acting, speaking, ethically. By not doing so, you
have sacrificed America's every dignity, gambled her wealth near to the
point of absolute destruction (which her people shall pay a high price
for sadly) and created endless turmoil and death, rivers of blood, in
this world.

I call all this evil. Evil actions. By the hand of men - individuals
like you and I, who cling to our old conversations, our past glories.

> Even if you could gin up a
> reason, which seems very difficult, it would never pay off.  Our
> political system limits and weeds out crazy, preventing it from taking
> over.

That is once again just fear talking - fear of our fellow humans. You
assume that because "our son of a bitch" is the one petitioning the USA
president for war, that it's all ok. You fail to see that the
conversation you live, IS "the crazy"!

We (the rest of the world) need you guys to have a new conversation,
one premised not on maximising power and justifying blood baths, but
on mutual respect and dignity for other peoples and nations.

Please take this concept on board.

> Crazy is the only way to make those kinds of decisions.

'We' need you guys to stop making this type of justification.

> That and MAD: crazy would need a crazy answer to prevent future crazy.
> See: Japan, although that decision will never be made again.

>From what I'm seeing, at this point in time I have absolutely no faith
in -that- baseless assertion - quite the opposite - endless conversation
about how to justify WW3!

As Juan said, fuck it, I think I'll go find a rock to hide under.