[WAR] ...

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:43:09 PDT 2016

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:52:17 -0700
"Stephen D. Williams" <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> Have you actually read the Manifesto in its several forms?  Do you
> understand it?

> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto-anarchism
> [2] http://www.activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html

	And here's [3]
	http://www.activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

	"We cannot expect governments, corporations, or other large,
	faceless organizations to grant us privacy out of their
	beneficence"

	"We must defend our own privacy if we expect to have any. "

	Again, a typical anarchist position. Governments and businesses
	don't provide service X (they actually destroy X) so we need to
	provide X ourselves.

> Did you read my point about free-speech-anarchy a few weeks ago?

	Yes. I might even haver replied to it. It's nonsese.

> Did
> you understand it?

	Yes. It's the kind of nonsense that american jingos like to
	believe about the 'ex' SLAVE society they live in.

> What about the point I just made about adapting
> and adopting solutions to emerging changes?

	...has nothing to do with anarchy per se. Totalitarian
	governments can also adapt to change.

> Cypherpunks has always straddled a number of areas; exploring the
> implications of crypto-anarchism is one of them.  Even in May's
> quotes in [1], it isn't necessarily the point to have a collapse of a
> system as a goal, but to examine it as a possibility.  I think the
> attitude is that if you come to believe that encryption and other
> security measures must be available, perhaps as an extension of free
> speech, and those cause weak or broken systems to collapse, then so
> be it.

	Maybe that's your attitude. It doesn't have to be mine.

> All kinds of things have been exposed recently. Do you think
> that makes the US any close to collapse?

	No. The totalitarian state you love so much isn't close to
	collapse. That's why we are fucked. ('we' here doesn't include
	you)

> Bad systems should change drastically or collapse, good systems
> should adapt and flourish.  Do you disagree with that?

	I agree that morally good stuff is good...