[WAR] ...

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Thu Sep 1 02:17:12 PDT 2016

We do make sport of improvement plans for the global situation. I feel we
do pretty well, probably on account of tossing history and a lot of feeling
out of the window. More importantly, we ignore the difficulty of reaching
the envisioned state. It is interesting, and could well improve our ideas
of how things should be.

Reg. US/EU vs CN/RU, CN will overtake economic and thus military capacities
well within 20 years. From that moment onward we are subject to Chinese
politics. My guess is they will start with harassment of neighbouring
countries, and just move on from there. Likely eventually
forcing/negotiating a surrender, rather than WW3, on account of our
pacifist intents.

ATM we would win. Perhaps the idiotic US candidates are put forth to
provoke war on our terms. A war we would win - with large casualties. A war
we should fight if we like democracy and individualistic financial economy,
and that form of "do whatever you want" that we have. That is, if you
believe China would actually end up fighting, rather than becoming as
pacifist as the west. If you have ever spoken to Chinese, you will know the
latter to be less likely than the former. Of course, the world is banking
on peace - given we are allowing China to advance.

I do hope that China intentionally turns itself pacifist. It would save a
lot of lives, money and time. It's borders are large enough, most would
say. I cannot pretend to know "what China wants", so I cannot really say
how it will behave. My talks with Chinese have shown a pride in their
ignorance of politics. And a government in exclusively self-checked control.

As a side note: I would propose we split the world into countries of equal
population, introducing a GDP based tax to (softly) ease imbalance between
these new nations. It only requires a bye-bye to nationalism. The size of
each nation should be chosen based on evidence of that size being effective
- which sizes of government perform better. The internal structure of a
nation is quite moot. Whatever works. War would be illegal. Natural
resources and permissible pollution should be auctioned on a global market.
We can have a shared (UN?) court for determining things like permissible
pollution and settling lawsuits that are carried all the way up. For
settling disputes between nations, and their adherence to global law.

I'd like to see "timeliness of justice" to exist. I'd like to see the US'
pieces remove it's landmines, and stop it's hollow points etc, and stop
killing it's citizens without due process, and for Israel not to drop white
phosphorous into civil areas, and for Russia not to annex nations, and for
China to stop polluting the planet to beyond critical, for European nations
to make good on their human rights promises regarding immigrants, for
someone, anyone really, to stop ISIS' obvious human rights offenses, etc,
etc, etc.

It should be politics like we're used to. Only we've levelled the players'
fields to make the game better. And stand a chance at forcing good
behaviour.

So, can we achieve this system? Of course not. But would it work? Well, not
trivially, but yes, it would be better than the Pax Americana. Or, I guess,
the peace of those that actually "run" the US. (probably some
association(s?) of people with outrageous capital looking to expand their
circle of capitalism/power to the rest of the world?)

Reg. brainwashing and individual power, I know you want brainwashing to be
responsible, but most likely the brainwashing is generally improving the
situation. People are the problem, not all, but many, and the brainwashing,
through religion, television, smart filtering, is primarily making them
behave in a way that is generally civilised and cooperative. I don't know
what else it does, of course, but without the brainwash people are probably
less nice, not more nice, and individual control is just awful. If only
because less disparity means less friction means less trouble. If you want
to see what anarchy does, basically Detroit. As soon as things start
looking better, it starts looking more like government.

/rant