Global warming/climate change

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 11:20:06 PDT 2016

 From: Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net>
On 10/24/2016 12:54 PM, jim bell wrote:

> I am aware that climate models run on very powerful computers,
> using extremely sophisticated mathematical models that are being
> continually improved.

>Glittering Generalities much lately?

> I am open to the possibility that there may one day be an apparent
> problem, qualitatively.  But science doesn't know, quantitatively,
> what the size of the problem is.

So calculation of CO2 discharges based on fuel consumption statistics,
which correlate with contemporary and historical atmospheric CO2
measurements, which correlate with historical and contemporary
measurements of ocean surface pH, which correlate with measurements of
atmospheric and oceanic temperatures, etc. are not quantitative?
There is a lack, even today, of accurate predictive computer models of global climate.  Merely taking data is not sufficient.  It can be known, rather precisely, what the CO2 level is in the atmosphere.  This can be predicted for the future, also rather accurately, given known use of carbon fuels.  But the effect of that well-known CO2 level on temperature and temperature rises ISN'T known accurately.            Jim Bell