Why Cypherpunks Shouldn't Vote for the system of their own oppression

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:58:37 PDT 2016

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:48:57 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  From: Razer <rayzer at riseup.net>
> The issue I'm having reading this thread about the US Erections is
> this list is ostensibly Anarchist and I don't understand why it's
> infested almost exclusively by Libertarians. Libertarians CANNOT be
> Anarchist ... because they believe in government. Small, but they
> BELIEVE that the US political system actually works in the interest
> of the people, or it can be made so.
>
> Not exactly, There are "anarchist libertarians" and "minarchist
> libertarians".

	No. So called 'minarchist' 'libertarians' are just statists,
	not libertarians. They believe in murdering anyone who doesn't
	obey the Holy State.

>I was one of the latter, before 1995 when I
> discovered/invented my AP system.

	So you were a plain old statist who didn't study libertarian
	philosophy well enough.

> Afterwards, I realized not only
> that having no government was possible, it was essentially
> inevitable.

	That is not true. Your AP system isn't going to magically get
	rid of government. There's absolutely no reason why it must
	'inevitable' lead to anarchy.

	To sum up : actual and consistent libertarians existed way
	before 'assasination politics'. Consistent libertarianism has
	nothing to do with utilitarian and or 'practical'
	considerations.