Why Cypherpunks Shouldn't Vote for the system of their own oppression

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Oct 23 18:28:32 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 05:59:25PM -0700, Razer wrote:
> Feb 10, 2016
>
> As the media-fueled spectacle of election season heats up in the United
> Snakes, many anarchist and anti-authoritarian comrades are experiencing
> a serious case of deja fucking vu. Once again, we find ourselves
> engaging in the same stupid fucking debates with liberals, so-called
> “progressives” and other fair-weather radicals, about the pitfalls of
> electoral politics, all while being talked down to, as though we're just
> naive, contrarian ideologues, who don't know what we're fucking talking
> about."
>
> A 5 minute exposition in layman's terms about why you're simply fucking
> stupid if you vote, slave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aTdAe6Vo2E

Things need to change.

Although voting is likely not the answer, not voting is also not the
answer - as much as I agree with the sentiment and enjoy the above,
"voting vs not voting" is a false dichotomy.

This election cycle is too late for a truly grass roots endeavour, so
only contact with the current runners is likely to yield any impact -
perhaps Trump can be caused to get back to his "end the war on drugs, it
is the ONLY way" statement from a decade ago - he evidently had heard
from someone or read something, compelling to him, at that time.

Or some middle finger party dumping by Bernie.

Or some "agile politics" process with a few of the second tier runners.

If you have any contacts, this is your last week and a half to try.

If you fail to try with what you have, don't blame anyone else for any
"failure" you perceive in the upcoming elections...

(Speaking enerically here of course, not to you specifically Razer)