"You have to legalize drugs to win that war [on drugs]." - Trump

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Oct 23 18:22:39 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 07:37:33PM -0500, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-10-24 at 10:15 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > A little search for e.g. "Trump marijuana" turns up some interesting
> > articles and quotes. Left for the curious...
>
> Regardless of his position on drug prohibition, Rump is a terrible
> choice to lead this country. I wish Bernie was on the November ballot.
> Failing that, I wish Jill Stein had a realistic chance of winning the
> election; I really would prefer her over Hillary. The two-party system
> is broken. I don't really want Hillary, but I really, really, really
> don't want Rump, and a vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson (or for that
> matter, a vote for Charlie Brown or Santa Claus) could potentially help
> Rump win.

How about "Agile Politics"? Imagine Bernie Sanders, Gary Johnson, and
Jill Stein creating a lithe "policy ticket" - where they each agree one
each policy, and to support each others' respective policy.

That would be a 3 policy ticket, and they might also promise to call
another election once those three policies are through, or checkmated.

E.g: Bernie's "end the war on drugs" could be one policy.

Yes, the current system is broken. Who has an ear with one of these
three candidates? It's actually not too late - Bernie dumping the DNC
would certainly create headlines, and perhaps go some way to reclaim his
balls/ dignity/ sanity...