Intercept Greenwald Klein Talk Waffling Full Disclosure

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 14:49:43 PDT 2016

 From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
https://theintercept.com/2016/10/19/is-disclosure-of-podestas-emails-a-step-too-far-a-conversation-with-naomi-klein/
youtube-dl https://soundcloud.com/the_intercept/disclosure_glennnaomi_v1
[quoting the article above]
"Some news organizations, including The Intercept, have devoted
substantial resources to reporting on the newsworthy aspects of the
archive of emails of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta that was
published last week by WikiLeaks. Numerous documents from that archive
have shed considerable light on the thought processes and previously
secret behavior of top Clinton campaign aides and often the candidate
herself. While the significance of particular stories has been
debated, there is no denying that many of those disclosures offer a
valuable glimpse into campaign operatives who currently exercise great
political power and who, as of January of next year, are likely to be
among the most powerful officials on the planet."
"Despite her agreement with those propositions, the author and activist
Naomi Klein believes there are serious threats to personal privacy and
other critical political values posed by hacks of this sort,
particularly when accompanied by the indiscriminate publication of
someone’s personal emails."      [end quote]-----------------
Jim Bell's comments follow:
I'd say, in response to the referenced comments from Naomi Klein:  "NONSENSE!"  The public is being the victim of extreme corruption, and finally a mechanism exists (leaking) to combat it.  "Go Leaking Go!" I say.   Leaks of "personal emails" of those who are perpetrating government and political corruption, as the Clinton cronies are clearly doing, should be considered "open season".  I am not at all bothered by the assertion (even if assumed to be true) that these documents might have been 'hacked':  If that's the case, whoever did it is doing the public an amazing service that must not merely continue, but should be expanded greatly.
Fools like Republican Marco Rubio have echoed similar opinions to these by Naomi Klein, which I saw this morning on video:  It is as if he believes that the two main wings of America's single big political party (the "Demoblicans", or should we call them "Republicrats"?) are desperately trying to close ranks to protect itself from being exposed as the corrupt edifice that it really is.
Indeed, while I just saw a clip this morning from Rubio, his fear as expressed to other Republicans, apparently, is something like, 'Today' it is [against] the Democrats, tomorrow it could be us! [the Republicans]".   at: 0:26:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soS4lGsBiu0
   (And:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9IFSjfeAm0     )
Does Rubio not understand that expressed in this fashion, in a forum that we all can hear, it is as if he's identifying the American people as being THE ENEMY, our attention directed today threatening the Democrats, but tomorrow potentially going after the Republicans too?  Is Rubio under the impression that as heard by the average, relatively-non-partisan American, his words would not be seen as a virtual declaration of war against us?    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0X0ZYbnHxA  I'd say that if the Republicans have as much to be leaked as the Democrats have, so far, "Let's go!  Leak it!"  Let the chips fall where they may!
The American public should be utterly aghast at this kind of thinking, by Klein and Rubio.
             Jim Bell