The difference between moderation and censorship [was Re: Inspirational - Senator Culleton's Passionate...]

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:13:19 PDT 2016

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 05:41:17 -0500
"Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2016-10-14 at 22:24 -0300, #$%& wrote:
> > To be more precise. Expect to find absolutely no russian
> >         propaganda, because that list is fully 'moderated'. That is,
> >         censored. And expect it to contain loads of american
> >         propaganda, which the 'moderators', aka censors, simply
> > consider
> >         to be 'ontopic' 'morally perfect' 'legitimate' 'content'.
>
> Moderation is not censorship. Moderation is the selective approval of
> messages so that a forum is not effectively censored by the prevalence
> of off-topic material

	Censorship is to prevent people from speaking freely. Only
	'list owners' and 'administrators' can do that.

	The fact that somebody posts stuff you don't like has
	absolutely nothing to do with censorship. The fact that I post
	XXXX DOESN'T prevent you from posting YYYY.

	Only sombedoy who is crazy(detached from reality), incredibly
	stupid...or trolling, would make the patently false assertion
	you made.

> and to maintain standards of decorum and
> conduct.

	You are an american nazi, quinn. You are io no position to
	speak about decoroum.

> Moderation, when done properly, is actually the *prevention* of
> constructive censorship.

	Or perhaps you are a bot. 'Constructive censorship'? Sounds
	like a machine generated 'concept'...

> If this list were to be overrun by spam for
> knock-off Ray-Ban and Oakley sunglasses, penis enlargement pills, Dr.
> Oz approved acai berry diet pills, or even ads for VPNs that accept
> payments in Bitcoin, I'm sure most of you would demand something be
> done to protect the integrity of the forum.

	AND IF MY AUNT HAD BALLS SHE'D BE MY UNCLE.

	Tell us quinn what to do with people like you, who post very
	stupid 'defenses' of CENSORSHIP in an allegedly
	crypto-anarchist mailing list?