Fwd: [unwanted offlist mail] Re: It's for YOU! Fwd: Re: Jake and Tor article

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Fri Oct 14 09:47:41 PDT 2016

On 10/14/2016 09:34 AM, John Newman responded to a troll responding to a
troll:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 05:52:50PM +0200, aestetix wrote:
>> Make Cypherpunks Great Again.
>>

> Lulz!  I find it interesting that on John Gilmore's home page, under
> accomplishments, he says the following about the cypherpunks list:
>

> "The Cypherpunks (with Eric Hughes and Tim May)
>
> An informal group dedicated to public education and dissemination of
> encryption (also known as cryptography, the science and art of secret
> writing). I originally hosted the mailing list (cypherpunks at toad.com)
> and provided space for the first few years' worth of meetings. A
> descendant of the mailing list is still operating; subscribe to
> cryptography at metzdowd.com."
>
> No mention of the current cypherpunks list :P
>
> Taken from http://www.toad.com/gnu/
>

> John

Whasamtter John don't like my posts about Geofeedia stalking black
activists?

It's a waste of time and bandwidth responding to trolls and the
resultant flames. I'd MUCH RATHER be posting stuff like the above and
discussing it, but I see a LOT of disruption being caused by what appear
to be one or two posters using a number of different emails and fuck you
if I can't point out the disruption. Or the psychological stalking by
someone using what appears to be a stolen identity, of quite a few
people resulting from involvement in the list.

Rr