"Blackphone" said to be "a super-secure nsa-proof"

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Oct 13 07:58:48 PDT 2016

On 10/13/2016 01:10 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:03:36PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> On 7/24/14, Ulex Europae <europus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> At 05:25 AM 1/17/2014, Jim Bell forwarded:
>>
>> NSA-proof?
>>
>> Is that even possible unless you:
>> 1) personally pick up your phone off the factory
>> floor production line at random?
>>
>> and
>> 2) Reproducibly build all software on the device
>> and upload your build?
>>
>> and
>> 3) the hardware completely isolates the baseband
>> processor and its os (unless there's a deployable
>> FLOSS baseband stack I'm not aware of)?
>>
>> and that's just for starters.
>
> Are we getting any closer to a mobile phone baseband stack?

Here's "Super-secure"

Buy a 5.99 cellie at 7-11

Turn it on under an assumed name from a public computer.

Call in your bomb threat.

Throw phone in ocean.

They'll know where you called from, and the public computer address you
registered it from, and that's about it unless they start doing voice
analysis on the audio from that shitty little mic in the cellie that
cost less than a penny to make.

Rr