Scientific Progress

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:26:36 PDT 2016

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:58:06 +0200
Tom <tom at vondein.org> wrote:

> Juan,
>
> > Who are they, Tom?
>
> As I understand your mails, you're  one of them. Maybe I misunderstood
> your mails

	I never said "science is the enemy" - I do say that
	technicians working for the establishment and pretending to be
	'scientists' are the enemy. The claims are related, but not
	equal.

>- my appologies in that case.

	No apologies needed ;)

> > And where's the 'scientific' evidence for your propaganda claim?
>
> Why should I make propaganda? I'm not the government nor do I work for
> one. I just happen  to love science.

	Thanks for providing a reason why your view of the
	establishment can be biased. You like what they do regardless of
	where the funding comes from.

> Here are a  couple of examples of
> the kind of science I wrote about earlier:
>
> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/10/161026142145.htm
> http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2016/10/26/three_stars_illuminate_ngc_6188.html
> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap161026.html

	You like astronomy? Fine. Do astronomy with your own money.

	"Upper Paleolithic humans may have hunted cave lions for their
	pelts"

	Really?? But they also may NOT have hunted cave lions, right?
	Don't you see anything wrong, even with the wording of the
	'scientific' 'fact'? Do you think that suggesting a possibility
	and providing very flimsy evidence for it is 'science'?

	And are there people who feel curious about what happened to
	lions 10,000 years ago anyway? Fine. Let them waste or devote
	their onw resources to find out.

> How could a sane person think they are 'parasites'? This is nonsense.

	How could any sane person deny that fucking NASA, which is
	nothing but a branch of the US gov't and more precisely of the
	pentagon are not parasites? I assumed you knew that by
	definition gov't employees and contractors are parasites. That
	is a 'scientific' truth.

> > Because you know even two minutes research should inform you of
> > what's going on. Unless you are a willfully ignorant, fully
> > biased cheerleader for the 'scientific' establishment.
>
> Let me fill in the role you're projecting onto me for a moment: please
> show me the evidence of your propaganda claim.

	You just provided the evidence yourself.

	Here's one more datapoint

	https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/basic-science-can-t-survive-without-government-funding/

	Do you realize that your 'beloved' scientists are sceaming
	"We are gov't funded parasites" ?

	Seriously, find out how many millions governemnts steal from
	taxpayers and give to 'scientists'. Find out how much money
	big business spend on 'research', and see if that money was
	legitimately earned in the first place.

> > Oh but you can generalize the other, patently false, way.
>
> I  don't. I  just say  not all  science is  evil. We'd  not have  this
> discussion otherwise.

	Again, I'm  not talking about science if correctly defined as
	an unbiased search for truth. I'm talking about the people who
	claim to do science, the vast majority of them being paid with
	stolen money, to 'research' completely irrelevant stuff like
	'paleolithic lions', or to 'explain' how central banking is the
	source of civilization and progress.

> > Dude, the 'international' 'scientific' 'community' uses FUCKING
> > IMPERIAL ENGLISH, and the universtity parasities in mongolia
> > working for mongolia's national universities are no different
> > from the parasites at harvard university or berlin university.
> > or any other place.
>
> I'd love it to see you on the panel during a science convention or the
> like and speak like this to scientists :)

	I'd love to. And what do you think they would do? Call the
	cops.

	At any rate, your theory that 'scientists' in monogolia are
	somehow independent because they are in a 'third world' country
	is nonsense. Here in argentina enlish is not the official
	language either - that doesn't stop the local
	'researchers' (virtually all of them gov't employees) from
	reading and writing 'papers' in english...

> Really, Juan, I  surely agree with you, that there  are scientists one
> could call 'parasites'. But not all of them, that's ridiculous.

	Like I said a couple of times, and I'll repeat, there are some
	dissenters, but the vast majority are on the wrong side of
	'science'.