time differentials - was "Leaks Via Tor Now Directly Part Of Political Process" on the tor talk list

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Oct 26 03:07:22 PDT 2016

This may ultimately come through twice sorry, with different subject
lines - the first forward attempt made has not yet come through, so this
time I've changed the subject, removed the tor talk subject prefix and
indented the email as you see below.

Emails are usually "instantaneous" - with the new cp listserv, at most a
minute has consistently been enough to see my email to the list, come
right back to me, so this is odd - checked gmail's spam folder and
all...

Let's see if this one works...

   ----- Forwarded message from grarpamp
   D ate: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 19:26:26 -0400
   F rom: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
   T o: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org

   To the extent that any leaking, sunshine, analysis, media
   and communication regarding governments occurs over the
   Tor network, such as via SecureDrop, Ricochet, Elgg, etc...
   We now have presidential candidates publicly and explicitly
   naming and quoting Wikileaks [1] in a relatively positive light
   (even if not yet similarly referencing and understanding Tor
   [though their staffers might]). Example...

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7YaQwKXpwQ
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KEAJ5qxFJw
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQTv1DaQqI

   Though this ventures into mechanics of politics, I think it's
   deeply relavent to some of the many reasons anonymous
   overlay networks and crypto exist (not limited to Tor), why
   people contribute to them, why they need to succeed.

   [1] There are probably better videos of presidential candidates
   referencing wikileaks far more in depth and at length than
   these (hopefully including mentions to nets and crypto), they
   just popped as examples in one of many feeds such as...
   https://www.reddit.com/r/wikileaks+conspiracy
   ...so if you see any examples of them (even congress candidates)
   referencing or discussing any type of communications network
   like Tor, Signal, Tox etc, or crypto, whether by name or by context,
   in any light... please post it.
   (No, the iPhone crypto FBI thing doesn't count.)

   For example, as opposed to the US, a number of Euro
   office seekers already talk about nets and crypto long ago.

   ----- End forwarded message -----